Wednesday, January 29, 2014

33 weeks down, 7 more to go!

The last time I did a count down like this was leading up to Logan's and my wedding day.  I remember looking at the knot.com everyday and feeling stressed out because of all the items I haven't checked off.  Even things that we said we weren't going to do all of a sudden seemed really important.  I wasn't going to have favors because I thought that everything that I found was cheesy and why would we get engraved serving knives for the cake when we would never use them again?  When the countdown got to 3 weeks until the wedding, all of a sudden it seemed extremely important that I had these things at the wedding so now I was scrambling to make it happen.  Looking back, I still think the favors were cheesy but do use the serving knives anytime we have desserts so I guess that one wasn't a complete waste of time.

Things haven't changed with me much.  I still live by check lists.  It is the only way to keep my life in somewhat order.  If I don't put an appointment on my outlook calendar then I can guarantee I will forget about it.  So of course I printed out the 3rd trimester checklist of things that I MUST get done before BGB gets here otherwise she is going to be sleeping in a cardboard box with a washcloth safety pinned as a diaper.  Okay, so we are obviously more put together than that, but I do feel that pressure.  So this week Logan and I sat down and read through the list and started checking things off one by one.  We made a lot of progress and with every check mark on the paper, the more and more excited I become to have her here.  


Clothes washed and folded
Washed all bedding and put crib together
Baby budget and financial planning
Labor day of contact list
Registered at the hospital
Signed up for breast feeding class
Met with pediatrician
Made arrangements for Mallory

If we keep this pace up, it really will just be a waiting game in the last few weeks, which is okay with me.  Now if only she would start cooperating and allow her mom to get a good night sleep.  Well, I guess I am not expecting it once she gets here, so why should I expect it now?  Fine, BGB, continue to put pressure on my bladder when it is inconvenient... I love ya anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment