Thursday, January 16, 2014

31 Weeks - Showered with Love

31 weeks pregnant.  2 more months left.  Wow.  This has been the fastest and slowest 7 months I have ever experienced.  Fast when I think about all that I still want to do before she gets here and how unprepared I feel.  Slow when I think about all the physical side effects of being pregnant that I will not miss.  The newest one is that BGB likes to hang out on the right side of my body.  The Dr. said that is common because the liver is so soft.  (Good thing pregnancy is a natural liver detox, otherwise I'm not sure anything would survive near mine.)  So when BGB uses my liver as her pillow she crams herself underneath my ribcage causing unbelievable pain.  She also tends to want to do this when I'm trying to go to sleep.  It was a nice added bonus to my travels last week.  I was doing training for my new job (yes I am crazy and started a new career 7 months pregnant) up in Ann Arbor, MI where the weather was -12.  -12!  A slight change from the 70 degree temperature that I am used to in Florida.  Between the flights, hotel beds and BGB's new favorite spot, to say that I was happy to be home Wednesday night is an understatement.  <POSITIVE NOTE:  Training was awesome and I am already so happy with my decision to make the switch.  I see some great things happening for our family.>

After two days of working from home, unpacking from my trip, cleaning the house and other miscellaneous activities that people do, the weekend came and I was kicked out of my house Saturday for the afternoon so that my sweet friends could take it over to prepare for our shower that evening.  I kept myself busy by doing shopping that was unnecessary and spent money that I don't have.  This is the exact reason why I never go to a mall or Target when I am bored.  When I got home I was blown away by the transformation that my house took before the shower.  The girls did an amazing job of capturing the inspiration for the nursery and did so many sweet little touches to help celebrate our Baby Girl.  It was a fun causal night of great food and plenty of cocktails and cigars for those who could participate.  It was everything I could imagine and more.  











As if one night of celebration wasn't enough, my sweet Aunts hosted another shower for me on Sunday afternoon for Logan and my families.  I must admit, I am not normally a fan of traditional showers mainly because I don't like being center of attention and having the spot light on me like during gift openings.  However, with that being said, I couldn't believe how much I actually enjoyed doing it this time.  Maybe baby showers are different than wedding showers because instead of trying to show enthusiasm for a crock pot or towel set at a bridal shower, I am opening bag after bag full of the cutest darn clothing you could imagine.  Little girls are so easy to shop for.  I am not a pink girly girl but my heart melted a little bit with every ruffle, bow and pink flowery outfit that I opened up.  














While I might not feel mentally prepared for BGB's arrival, I can say with confidence that this girl got hooked up this weekend and we are as prepared as we are going to be with all of her "supplies."  I am constantly reminded of how good God has been to me by surrounding me with some of the most amazing, supportive and loving people that a girl could ask for.  Logan and I are always saying that we don't deserve to have people treat us like this because of how thoughtful and selfless everyone is.  I try to return the kindness and love but do not think it compares to everyone's efforts.  It is a great thing for me to remember as we raise BGB from a little girl into a women.  Always treat others with the love and kindness you would want for yourself, take time to appreciate others, and be careful in choosing your friends.  If you do these things, God rewards you with relationships that are invaluable.  I know that is what He did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment